Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

I know, I know!

I haven't posted in a while. Well, since we got back to work after new year break things have been busy. We spend our mornings doing school work and catching up on American tv then we go to work from 3 or 5-8ish and by the time we get home it's almost time for bed. So we've just been living life in china. Today marks the warmest day since we've been here. It's 77 with some humidity but from what I hear the humidity will get much worse. To day I (yes alone!) went to Carrefour (basically our target greatland) and got a few things including a hanging rack for clothes cuz we needed it! We've been doin a lot of cooking at home. Annaliisa's having fun coming up with new recipes and I tried my hand at fried rice which turned out pretty tasty. It's been fun just living in our very own place in a far away country. So grown up!

Annaliisa's birthday was last week and we celebrated with the staff at work. They got her a cake and everyone gave a little mini speech and wished her a happy birthday (I think that's a tradition I'm bringing home with me to the states :).

Included are pics of Annaliisa's birthday dinner (we went to a western restaurant), her bday cupcake (lol), our laundry, bday celebration, and our sweating walls!

4 comments:

  1. Is that first picture of your apartment building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. That's in Tianhe district, which is where most foreigners live. That's the area we went to for dinner!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The walls sweat because of the humidity! It's quite fun!

      Delete