Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I did it!

I FINALLY got all my paperwork in for my passport! Oh my goodness was that painful. Sharing a car with someone and having a funky work schedule proved very difficult to find time to go the post office and submit my paperwork but I finally got the car to myself this morning so I took advantage!

Here's my advice for anyone applying for a passport...Have ALL of the paper work filled out before you go along with your birth certificate, a photo copy of the front and back of your Driver's Licence, a passport photo that you can get from Walgreen's for $9, and personal checks or cashier's check all ready to go.

The first time I tried to get my passport I for got my birth certificate. Don't do this! The lady will look at you like you're dumb! Of course you need to prove your place of birth before you get a passport from that country.

Second time I tried I forgot to photo copy both sides of my DL but that was ok because the lady was so slow that I had to leave or I would've been late to work.

So third time's the charm and I went in with my birth certificate, my DL photocopy, my passport photo, my personal checks already made out to Department of State for $110 and U.S.P.S. for $25 and I was out of there in five minutes. I had time to get myself a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and two hashbrowns from McD's, deposit money into my account so the checks would go through AND make it to work early!

If I have learned anything from this endeavour it's that you should really go onto the U.S.P.S. website and read the entire list of what you need before you ever go inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment