Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ah, Christmas!

Well, Christmas is over and now that the craziness of the season is behind me I can now focus on the fact that I will be leaving the country in a week and a half. Annaliisa and I have everything in order. On Monday we went to the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco to apply for our Visa. We went with another friend of ours and had a blast! When we applied the guy told me I could pick it up on Thursday. When I asked him if I could have it delivered, he said no. Bummer! When my brother had applied for his visa his was delivered to him. But anyways, no big deal...unless you have no car.

Yes, I sold my car! A wonderful friend of mine was looking for a car and fate brought us together (more like a mutual friend). I was so ecstatic to sell my car for the price I wanted AND to someone who was willing to let me still use it until I was done with work. Miss S was truly a godsend! And she loves the car so it's really a win win!!

Ok, back to the subject at hand.

So we had to go back to SF on Thursday to pick up our visas and to do that we had to rent a car, which was really a whole lot of fun!!!

Let me tell all of you something...the Chinese Consulate is AMAZING!! They are so efficient and fast! When we first went there to apply we got our forms, filled them out then got numbers and waited to be called. In less than five minutes our numbers were called and within another five minutes we were headed to our next destination. The only thing I was worried about was the long line we saw of people waiting to pick up their visas. I did not want to stand in that line!! BUT when we went back on Thursday there was absolutely no line. We were in and out in five minutes! It was amazing!

I have loved how everything has worked out perfectly for this adventure. It should probably freak me out that everything til now has been smooth sailing but it is actually calming me. I am looking forward to seeing my bro and meeting my new sis-in-law!!

NOTE: To those of you (friends, family or strangers) who are looking to get a visa for China, the fee is now $140. This is not reflected on the website yet so I think this is a new change. At the consulate they'll take VISA, check, money order, blah blah. The easiest is to just do VISA charge or VISA debit. It's really quick!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Baby Girl! I finally found your blog. Pictures look great! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete