Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beijing - The Great Wall

Where we last left off Annaliisa's mom had come to China for a visit in June and we headed to Beijing to see the Great Wall and experience a different part of China. One thing I learned is that china is the same no matter where you are. The only difference is a bigger government presence. In fact, there were posters everywhere that spoke about patriotism and the importance of it.

(It's blurry cuz I took it on the sly. lol)

The amazing thing about visiting Beijing though was being able to cross some sites off my bucket list that I didn't even know were on my bucket list. We went to The Great Wall (obviously), The Forbidden City, The Pearl and Silk Markets, The zoo (for an hour, lol), and went antique shopping. 

The Great Wall was amazing!! Seriously! I always thought to myself that it would be nice if I maybe got the chance to see it some day but now that I have been I think it's something everyone should have on thier bucket list. It was a grueling walk sure, but it was quite a sight!

 Our first look at the wall from the bus!

 One section of the wall

 More of the wall

Even more of the wall

 And more

 I never would've thought I would be standing there!

 Some sections are very steep!!

 Annaliisa and I on the Wall!

Truly amazing! And of course I had to watch Mulan when I got home, and doing this post makes me want to again! :)

Since this post is already lengthy I will break off here and make a new post with more of our Beijing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment