Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Birthday

Um...I know it's a little late to be posting pictures from my birthday but I just now got a free day from homework (since I finished it early, woot woot)!

So as you know I went to Disneyland for my birthday (kinda) but before that, my work threw me a birthday party. If you've never had a birthday in China I suggest you try it. First off they surprise you with it. Well, they try to anyways. I totally knew what was happening...it was the day before my birthday and I had been working there for a few months and had gone through a few of these. Secondly, after they sing Happy Birthday to you they go around the room and everyone says something nice about you. It's pretty awesome. Then you eat a magnificent cake, all the fruit you can stuff inside you, and some chips if you have room. You'll also get some chocolate and a journal with some more nice things said about you inside. I loved it!

Birthday message on the white board :)


 Everyone giving speeches

 Me, the other birthday girl, Anna, and Tracy (one of my Chinese teachers)

 My Chinese boss, Marie (she pronounces it Mary tho)

Me and all the Chinese teachers.



No comments:

Post a Comment